Wednesday, March 30, 2011

More clearing

3.5 hours
Wednesday, March 30

Today we did the same work we had done for the past two sessions, but we moved on from a cleared strip of invasive plants to a large block.  The past two times we came, we had increased our efficiency by more than I could have imagined, so today in order to maximize our time there, I set an extremely unrealistic goal for us.  I said, "Let's aim to clear the area until that line."  I knew we could never do it, but I figured we could get a lot more done than we thought if we worked diligently toward such a goal.

Turns out, we ended up clearing it all.  I was amazed.  We were too exhausted to plant new plants and mulch the area, but we'll do that next time.  When we were done, as we were heading back into the middle of the native plant area to put our tools back, I was surprised to spot some invasive daisies sticking out near native plants.  I pulled these out, only to find more.  Adam and I ended up spending ten minutes weeding these daisies before realizing we couldn't do it all today.

No comments:

Post a Comment